1000 words: Rock & Roll

It's been a long while since I did my first one, and for that I am sorry. I find it hard to a) talk so personally to god knows who, I'm sure your all nice, and b) pick a photo to use. I like one with a good story, one that I can never get over. Sometimes that photo is blurry, sometimes it's to bright, sometimes it's to dark, sometimes it's ok. Today's is one that I have always been proud of, It's from the Joe Belly album release (nickels and dimes). 

I love how grungy this photo is, and how much character is in the floor of the stage. It tells the tale of a floor well loved and some very good times. I wish I still had the .raw file for this one so that I could do it up even better, but never the less. It is a small segment of what was really going on, and in turn it is really open ended. I really like the openness to it because no matter who looks at it they can come to their own conclusions as to the story behind it, and that makes the photo more personal to more people.

What catches my eye, as said before, is the floor and the character to it. To me growing up every band member had a pair of Converse sneakers and to me they are a musical icon, I just know those who were them proudly with holes and stains must either play good music or enjoy good music. The beer on the floor, well can't that just speak for itself? Whats good music without a drink or two right? Remember those all ages shows? Remember how after someone turned 19 you never saw them there again, you know why... because they were enjoying a drink with their music at the bar across the street. 

A lot of the interest falls to the left side of this photo, and usually this leave a photo feeling unbalanced, which is one of the last things you want in a photo, balance and symmetry are large parts of good composition. Some may disagree with me,and by all means tell me why you do, but in this photo I think it really adds to the story. It adds to the mystery of whats going on on the other side, and therefore adds to the story that we all make from it. 

What story does it tell you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment