Polaroids??

For the longest time I have been swooning over polaroid cameras, and I envy my friends that have them. But alas, the film is expensive, and then everyone steals you pictures on you {{guilty as charged}. Not to mention that sometime last year I was told that they weren't going to make polaroid's any more, and then I really couldn't justify the money one one. 


Now I'm a dedicated person, I like certain brands and I cannot justify buying others. Take for example shoes, flats, boots, whatever don't care that much, sneaker tho, they better be chucks!


And the same goes for cameras, and if I were to get a polaroid, i would want a REAL polaroid, not the fuji substitute Not that there is anything wrong with it, i just don't want it. Anyways, to get to the point it would not be efficient for me to get one, especially now.  So whats the next best thing? Making you own on photoshop/gimp/whatever editing program you have. Now I have been lucky/smart enough to scan real polaroids, so i crop out the middle and plop in a new one, make some minor fixes and then I'm good to go. But this takes time, and If i just want it for a blog post, a profile picture or whatever, it's almost to much effort {{I'm a touch lazy at times}. 

Getting down to my point, finally. Last night I nearly jumped for joy when I found this nifty little program Poladroid. I downloaded it after hearing about it from another blog, one i can't think to name right now. And now I can make decent looking polaroids in minutes! Yes, I said minutes because like the real thing you have to wait for the photo to expose, half annoying, half cute. I suggest turning off the sound effect, they are kind of loud and irritating. At any rate here are some of the results I have had using it. 
{{me, doing what I do}

{{mike & i on a hike}

{{mom & i in vegas}

{{dad & i at supercross}

Alrighty, now that I have showed you the light I will also warn you that it is a beta, and half way though this post {{yes, I am still playing with it} it bugged out one me, something about it not being able to save my preferences. Luckly this is a bug people have found long ago, and have a fix for. Simple restart the program, easy. Just make sure you close it off your tool bar not just hit the x. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment